Tuesday 26 January 2016

Sheepwalks in the late afternoon

There was some late sun, so I grabbed an opportunity to do one of my favourite walks: on the Sheepwalks by Enville

The view over to Kidderminster near my parking spot

Sheepwalks Lane - very muddy from recent (prolonged) rain.

The first view you get when you climb the stile

The long shadows of the trees

Muddy sheep troughs

Misty Brown Clee in the distance

My long shadow on the right
 A hollow tree. 

The folly  - one of several on the Enville Estate

The late sun emphasises the red brick

There are posts to indicate the main footpaths



The view over towards Dudley

I love this scenery - the hills are so steep 


 Clent in the distance, wooded Kinver Edge on the right

The moon came out, so I turned back

A glorious golden sunset heralded my return to my car

Today's walk: I walked about 2 miles following the various paths, but you can adjust the distance to suit. There are fantastic views everywhere you go. And if you park at the top of Sheepwalks Lane (there's a space or two there for you) you don't even have to do any climbing - apart from over the stile

No comments:

Post a Comment