Tuesday 19 May 2015

Sheepwalks Lane, Enville

I went for a quick walk between the showers. Starting here, on Sheepwalks Lane, near Enville.

I came down this path on my return, but first I walked along the road

A timeless scene of calves and cows  
 The verges were packed with flowers
The road is narrow and very little used: I didn't see a car at all.

The Sheepwalks tower above the lane

Very hilly country (The picture looks slanted, but it's upright - look at the fenceposts)


Oilseed rape field. On the horizon are the Cotswolds, with the long hump of Bredon Hill on the right.

It's a fairly modern crop, but oilseed rape seems to have become a part of the English countryside in late Spring

Such a beautiful lane - could be a hundred years ago
Tomorrow, I venture onto the Sheepwalks themselves.
Mobile users, click here for more walks

Today's walk: Parking halfway along Sheepwalks Lane, I walked along the road until the junction, then turned back on the path leading along the Sheepwalks - I explored the paths up there, and then returned to the car along the path in the second picture here. About 2.5 miles, depending on where you walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment