Wednesday 7 January 2015

Halesowen - the Shenstone Way

I arrived at Leasowes Park, the start of the Shenstone Way, a route developed by Dudley Council
There was obviously an organised ramble going on around the park.
Although the way quickly leaves the park, I walked to the top, as I've not really been here before.
The park was landscaped by William Shenstone, who tried to keep things looking natural.

But neither the bend in the stream above, nor this waterfall, is actually natural!

He also created ponds for reflections

...and small waterfalls, which made a lovely sound as I walked there

There's a golf club too, with great views over to Clent


I left the park, and crossed over Mucklow Hill. Still a good view of the Clent Hills - this time with Halesowen in the foreground

If you look round, many of the warehouse are on the same level

Mostly because they are industrial land once served by the canal. This is Hawne Basin. The canal no longer continues on its old route

I crossed the bridge

..and walked through an industrial estate
 ...ending up here, by Furnace Hill.
More tomorrow, when the walk gets tricky! (Not what you would expect, exactly)

No comments:

Post a Comment