Monday 19 January 2015

Sandy Lane and Barnett Hill, Worcs

I went for a lovely sunny walk today. Starting in Sandy Lane, not far from Blakedown, Worcs.
This signpost points towards the end of my walk!
I went this way instead - up the hill...

...with great views down the valley 

Some parts were still covered in light snow, but all the parts in the sun thawed quickly.



It's a very horsey area. Sandy, free-draining soil makes ideal conditions for equines.


But I was surprised (and delighted) to see these these little donkeys among the horses

This is a bridle path, as the hoof prints show 


Looking over towards Clent


Worcestershire and Shropshire
The North Worcestershire Path follows the tops of these hills 
Towards the Black Country



I arrived at Barnett Hill Nurseries

It was in the middle of a sale of Christmas goods. Some good bargains!

Not quite like the seals I saw  in Lincolnshire!
It's a rule of mine to patronise tea rooms if they are on my route. This wasn't quite on my route, but I had coffee and cake here anyway. Rest of walk tomorrow.

Walk details. A circuit starting on Sandy Lane, following bridle paths to Barnett Hill, and then back by New Wood Farm, past a lake, to return to Sandy Lane. Difficult to describe quickly, but easy to follow. Email me if you'd like detailed walk notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment