Thursday 18 September 2014

A choice - along the Stourbridge Canal

Needing to walk home from the garage today, I was faced with a choice.

To go this way (along the roads of Wollaston)


...or this? (the Stourbridge Canal)


Not much of a choice really!


Within 200m I found a moorhen sitting on a nest (well camouflaged - nest, and bird)


The route was very green, even though it was very near main roads and houses


I didn't realise there was a boatbuilder in Amblecote! I don't think it was Noah..


These old factories were interesting. Not sure if this was a chute for goods or just for drainage 


This was definitely for goods - a roofed "lay-by", where goods could be loaded onto a narrow boat without getting wet. Sadly in disrepair nowadays.


The bridge-name made me smile. Named after the local locksmiths, or after someone who ate all the pies?


 There is lots of fascinating history here - but unfortunately the local graffiti artists have rather ruined this explanation board - and the others I passed.


Ah, and now a left turn - towards Stourton. 
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment