Saturday 13 September 2014

Staffordshire way, Day 1 part 3.

The last bit of my first Staffordshire Way day. I walked from Kinver to Highgate Common, which is 6 miles.But as I had to walk back again the total was 12 miles. It means that progress will be slow!
(I must investigate public transport)
Bales of haylage - lots of these on the route


I could just see Eve Hill flats from here, near where I used to work


A country lane


A rather different farm. The white structures are yurts
http://www.glampingwestmidlands.co.uk/


The farmhouse is traditional...


...but the inquisitive llamas are less usual


It looks as if they diversify into fishing as well.


This sight amazed me. It's a field that has been ploughed. We haven't had rain for a while, so the sandy soil looks like a desert.


On my return leg, the horses at Enville prefer the shade on what has been a very sunny day.


The stables again, with a rider approaching.


A lovely day for exercising horses.
If you want details of any of my walks, email me at lucygriffiths1112%gmail.com, replacing the % with @. Or comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment