Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Grand Union canal near Knowle

Why is this blog called Wednesday Walks?
I made up my mind to do at least one decent walk per week, and a blog sort of holds me to it.
But I do hope to blog much more often than that - and possibly to persuade others to walk too.

So, some of my summer walks coming up.
This doesn't look like summer, obviously, but it was mid-August































We were walking along the Grand Union Canal at Knowle (grid ref: SP182767) 































There is a flight of 5 locks, which are wide enough for two narrrow boats at once

























This pair have their home at the Black Country Museum, but had been taken across country by volunteers to attend a rally. (What an excellent thing to volunteer for!)


























A family of swans along the way


Ultimately, the weather got quite sunny 

























On our return, this goat from a nearby petting zoo greeted us morosely. 










































If you want details of any of my walks, email me at lucygriffiths1112%gmail.com, replacing the % with @. Or comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment