Thursday 25 September 2014

Bodenham Arboretum,

At Bodenham Arboretum today 
It's near Wolverley, just over the Worcs/Staffs border)


There are a variety of walks


I did the Five Pool Walk, which was approximately one and a half miles. (Very hilly though)


Although there was a small bit of Autumn colour, the predominant impression is still of trees in their summer foliage


Looking over to the wooded slopes of Kinver Edge




The paths were fairly good, so I will remember this for muddy winter days


No wind to day, so the reflections are clear


I walked all the way over to this ornamental pond to read the notice. It read "deep water". I was hoping for something more informative! 


This is an armillary sundial, invented by Tycho Brahe - famous for astonomical discoveries and inventions - but more familiar to me as an eccentric who wore a false nose.


The cut-leaf acers were in colour, but only just. 



A view back towards the cafe - which I didn't try (but may do in future)


The Arboretum is also a working farm. These Herefords were inquisitive.  



More pictures of the lake.

I will definitely return to see the Autumn colours later in the season. I think everything is quite late this year

No comments:

Post a Comment