Monday 1 September 2014

Lunch in high places

Today was the first official day of my retirement.

I went for a walk...


...on Kinver Edge, in Staffordshire. I followed the red route on this map (only about 1.5 miles, but a great walk )... 
...along sandy paths... 






















...with views over to the Clent Hills.


At the top, I climbed out over Nanny's Rock - known very well locally but not signposted (because there's a big drop). I ate my lunch looking over the treetops,... 
 ...then reached the trig point...





























...where there was a lovely view towards Dudley and the Black Country
From here, I could see the sun shining on Eve Hill flats in the distance (marked), about 100 metres from where I used to work.






























An excellent start to retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment