Saturday 27 September 2014

Staffordshire Way - from Highgate Common

The sun shone through the trees as I started Day 2 of my Staffordshire Way walk...


...through the woodland...


...and heathland of Highgate Common. 


After getting lost, (too many tracks to choose from), I finally emerged on this, the correct path. 



I soon came across this: I didn't even realise Halfpenny Green had a golf course. I only knew it as the site of a WW2 airfield, still in use for small planes.


The course is in a lovely location


The views are across to Shropshire


At the side is this enormous complex of glasshouses 


In the distance, a tractor ploughs the stubble

 It was great to watch the seagulls following it
 To be continued...
If you want details of any of my walks, email me at lucygriffiths1112%gmail.com, replacing the % with @. Or comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment