Tuesday 31 March 2015

Gothersley walk

My latest game for myself: after a number of minutes driving, take the next footpath I come to, for an out and back walk.
Thus, I arrived here, in Greensforge Lane, near Kinver. I had the choice of taking the bridle path to the canal,...

...or left up this unpromising, litter-strewn path.

The path climbs quite steeply, and quickly gets better

 This is deep into horse territory

The later path was more pleasant

The bright green hawthorn was showing through

These two riders posed for a photo for me!

Then they went off for a hack

Lovely countryside to ride through

Through the trees, Gothersley Hall

The grass was greening up too

This is the headquarters of Gothersley Stables - they seem to have 50 or 60 horses, at a guess.

Coming back, I was able to look at the views. The horses have some fine one from their paddock. On the skyline is the chimney from Baggeridge Brickworks, scene of my last walk.

This way, the views are over to the Clent Hills

The trees seem to be all colours 
As I got back to the car, the sky began to cloud over

The horse fields run all along Greensforge Lane, where I had parked my car. 



Today's Walk: park halfway along Greensforge Lane, near Kinver, and take the bridle path which goes uphill towards the Million woodland. It's about half a mile to the best viewpoints, so it's only a mile altogether, unless you want to extend it.
.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment