Friday 7 November 2014

Bodenham Arboretum

I had half an hour to spare for a quick walk round Bodenham Arboretum. (Well, I bought a season ticket, so may as well use it)
The Autumn colours were on show, but still lots of green in this very slow- changing year) 

Good views back over to Kinver Edge/Kingsford Country Park

One of the many pools on the Five Pool route 


These were interesting.  They are from the tree Decaisnea Fargesii - known as dead man's fingers

This type is from China, but another variety is found in the Himalayas but there the fruit is yellowy-green. Not so creepy looking, then.





Bodenham has planted many new species in recent years, and some of the specimens are still quite small


Another pool! 


I loved this squirrel, though. Getting to the food is an art, but it's fun to watch.


More colour
 But I wasn't actually wowed. I have visited Westonbirt Arboretum and that is much more spectacular - but it has been longer established, is more expensive, and it's further away.
On the  plus side, Bodenham's Cafe is really good. I can certainly recommend the apple cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment