Saturday 25 October 2014

Bewdley-Stourport circular - Part 3. Nature reserves - and a safari park

The bleak land of the Rifle Range continued


 ...until I entered a new nature reserve. It's named after this conical mound - the Devil's Spittleful


The fanciful noticeboard shows some Mesolithic hunters on this very spot.


A close-up


There lots of interesting fungi around

 


Then I arrived at this fence: you might recognise the structures if you've visited the West Midland Safari Park



You can see some animals - but far away! It could be an impala.



The rhinos were round this building - but I need a zoom lens!


Anyway, who needs animals? These lovely autumn colours greeted me on the way back to the car


Walk details: 9.5 mile circular. Fairly easy to route find, but I can email the details should you require them. See yellow box below.






No comments:

Post a Comment