Friday 24 October 2014

Bewdley - Stourport walk part 2. Canals and nature reserves

Continuing my walk, I left Stourport's Fair behind


... I could have walked this way to look at the canal/river junction, but that's a subject for another day.

Instead I headed for the Staffs and Worcs canal. This is the lock that motorists see as they drive through Stourport.


New houses nearby. With lovely views from their balconies.


The canal is peaceful and very rural.


I left at this bridge: Bullock Lane Bridge


The post shows yet more walks (or cycle rides) which you could do!


Over to Wyre Forest Golf Course, ...


...I then arrived at Burlish Top Nature Reserve.


There was a steep pull up to the phone masts,..


...but the views were worth it. From views over the Worcestershire countryside round Bewdley,..


... to the Clees of Shropshire in the distance.


I then entered another nature reserve: the Rifle Range. Doesn't sound very rural, but the rifle range was from World War I. It was a primeval-seeming landscape. Wild bog land.
Tomorrow - the intriguingly (if somewhat revoltingly) named Devil's Spittleful - and the West Midland Safari Park.

Walk details: This section, about 3 miles of a 9.5 mile Bewdley/Stourport circular. A shorter version would be the well-signed Stourport Circular (6miles)



No comments:

Post a Comment