Wednesday 29 October 2014

Asolo Tribe boots reviewed - a great find

With all the walking I am now doing, it was time for some new boots. I first saw these in a walking magazine, and was immediately drawn to them because of the colour. Shallow, but true.

Finding them was more of a problem. Although I do lots of internet shopping, I feel walking boots should be properly tried on. In a shop. But finding a stockist was difficult. There are a few in Scotland. In fairness, they are more mountain boot than rambling boot.


But a drive to Scotland, or North Yorkshire, is not cheap. Particularly as I found these on Trekinn, a Spanish site, for £115 rather than the British prices of £180 or £175 depending on stockist. So I ordered them from Spain. I had to add in £10 post and packing, but still much cheaper. (I had been given £120 as a retirement present, so it was just right - I paid a total of £125)

The boots arrived in just over a week. The technical specifications are below. They are Goretex lined, which means they are waterproof, but more suited to winter as they are not so breathable as ordinary leather


In terms of comfort, they fit very well. The ankle cuffs are hinged so they aren't too rigid, which suits me.


They lace right down to the toe, making fine adjustments very easy to do, so they fit my feet exactly. And they are also very light - again, I prefer that. But despite the lightness, you can't feel stones and rocks poking through when walking on rough ground


I have walked about thirty miles in them now, and they have been very comfortable. No blisters.
I love the colour, comfort and style. My two worries are how well will they clean. They are more suede than leather. Second worry - will I love them as much when they're muddy? I'll let you know...

Below: the boots in action on the Ridgeway National Trail




Details:
Boot name: Asolo Tribe Goretex Woman: 
Colour: 
Grapeade 
Specification:
- UPPER: Water-resistant Perwanger leather, thickness: 2.2-2.4 mm 
- LINING: Gore-Tex performance comfort footwear
- ANATOMIC FOOTBED Lite 2
- SOLE Asolo/Vibram Radiant rubber-eva
- WEIGHT: 720g (1/2 pair size 8 UK)
- SIZE available: Woman 3.5-9.5 UK (halfsizes are unusual, but to be welcomed!)



No comments:

Post a Comment